8.18.2012

our old farmhouse in the country

our homestead

Our country home is special to me. We live in a four-square farmhouse that was built around 1910, the property was once a 100 acre working farm. Over the many years farming ceased, and the property was split up and sold. The house now sits on the remaining 20 or so acres.  The original barn has long since been gone, it burned down....and time moves on.




Its very peaceful here, we have woods behind the house filled with wildlife. I can watch deer grazing from my windows, and hear the sounds of more birds than one can imagine.  I stroll around the grounds feeling the sunshine and gentle breezes and thinking about how lucky I am, how lucky we both are, bob and I.

come for a tour.... i'll show you around.


our romantic tree swing

wildflowers surround our brick chimney

chimes & twirly on the breeze

we have bat houses

a quiet place to daydream

sweet music

a bluebird box marks the trail into our woods

the wood pile, preparing for the winter ahead

summertime brings lilies and hummingbirds

house with a view, we see deer graze daily

my butterfly garden....ahh sweet lavender

and this is Miss. Lucky our cat!


No comments: