8.09.2017

from flatland to the mountains

Adirondack State Park boundary sign

Exactly 5 years ago I posted about our rural country home in Western NY. A quaint 100 year old four-square farmhouse . We just loved it!

Well, we've traded it in....for a woodsy home in the beautiful Adirondack mountains. We live inside the state park boundary, called the 'blue line'.



So much has changed since I posted a few years ago. I had taken a break from blogging and selling in my Etsy shops for a spell. Dealing with double knee replacement surgery and some life events. Including a big one, Hubby changed jobs and we ended up moving across state.

our new duck pond
...and visiting wood duck
We sold our farmhouse in flatland, and moved onto the side of a mountain, literally. Our new home is a four-season renovated cottage in the forest. It backs onto a duck pond with over 20 acres of trails and trees. We are in the midst of staining the house 'red', I'll be sure to post some picks of it soon.


dock on Lake Sacandaga

The area where we live is in the Lake Sacandaga region of the Adirondacks. It's stunningly beautiful here. Lots of tourists visit in the summer, but in the wintertime we practically have the whole place to ourselves....well, except for the ice fisherman and snowmobilers.

So now that my 3 Etsy shops are back up and running again, looks like I've got that ole 'blogging bug' back. Plus, I'm very excited to share my most recent passion... nature photography.  Be back soon :) 

No comments: