5.04.2012

custard glass butter dish

Last week I went to a local barn sale, and this pretty little butter dish just jumped right out at me. Although I could tell it was custard glass I didn't know the maker or age, but just had to have it for only $5.  
federal glass custard butter dish circa 1930s

I started researching as soon I got home and found out it was made in the 1930s by federal glass and the dish is worth $42-50, what a great find.  It is pattern #239 and is called flower and leaf.


Federal glass made their line of custard glass items in the 30s, then later in the 50s they took these same molds and reissued the pieces in a white milk glass that they called orange blossom.  So if you find this pattern you can determine age by type of glass color whether custard or white milk glass...that makes it so easy!



No comments: